Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Few Precious Belongings

I wanted to begin this new month and week with some very beautiful and sentimental images...


The slippers Josephine wore at her Coronation



Josephine's diamond-set hunter case watch
Source: http://elitechoice.org/2007/11/25/napoleon-wifes-hunter-case-watch-fetched-13-mn/


The following oare from the splendid site Treasures of Napoleon.



Josephine's Coronation gown



Josephine's Prayer Book



A lock of Josephine's hair...

May your week be filled with precious and memorable moments.

8 comments:

Heather Carroll said...

How can one woman be so stylish from head to toe! She probably took milk and diamond baths to boot!

Ingrid Mida said...

Wow, these are stunning photos. The slippers are so delicate and look to be in such wonderful condition.

Susan Higginbotham said...

Oh, lovely!

May said...

Wonderful! Great links too. Thanks.

Ninon said...

Fascinating!
Especially the slippers, and the lock of hair...! I'm stunned. I had the same feeling when I saw the wedding dress of the tragic Danish queen Caroline Mathilde. The feeling you get when you realize that they, really, really existed!!

Lucy said...

Hi Heather- Josephine was quite the Icon...milk baths with diamonds...wouldn't surprise me;)

Hi Ingrid- These satin slippers are in remarkable condition. So Regal and yet so comfy-looking, don't you think?

Hi Susan- Josephine's possessions are really lovely, yes. Thanks.

Hi Matterhorn- The site Treasures of Napoleon is incredible- so much to see. Thanks.

Hi Ninon- You and I must be souls sisters- I felt the same way the first time I saw that lock of hair! It's almost too incredible. Thanks.

Darlene said...

Great post and wonderful photos!

Shako said...

I went to Elba once and there were Josephine's shoes and dress...They were tiny, I could have worn them!