Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Teaser Tuesday!



TEASER TUESDAYS
is hosted by ShouldBeReading and asks you to:
♠Grab your current read.
♠Let the book fall open to a random page.
♠Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
♠You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
♠Please avoid spoilers!

Well, if you've been following my latest read, you'll know that my Teaser Tuesday sentences for today come from:

Pope Joan, page 258

'"I was born into poverty and am accustomed to it. As for chastity" -she kept her voice free of any tinge of irony- "I have always resisted the temptations of women."'

Quick Reminder: If/when you purchase this book, be sure to check out the Red Carpet Event!

-

8 comments:

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Nice teaser!

avisannschild said...

Great teaser! I read this book several years ago and really enjoyed it.

Darlene said...

Great teaser. I'll be reading this one sometime in August and can't wait. I look forward to your review of it.

Harvee said...

Oh, my! What an interesting teaser! Hope to see your review soon!

Ingrid Mida said...

I'm looking forward to your review!
Could I suggest that occasionally you post a list of your favourite reads so that people like me who forget what you've recommended when they get to the bookstore can print off a couple of your suggestions?

Kirsten Steen said...

Good one, Lucy! I haven't read this book yet but I did buy my copy and will be sending in my receipt shortly for the Red Carpet event!! A lovely day to you!!
Kirsten

Harvee said...

I've given you an award. You can pick it up on my blog!

Passages to the Past said...

Wasn't that a great part?! I LOVED Pope Joan and can't wait to see the movie!