Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesday




TEASER TUESDAYS is hosted by ShouldBeReading and asks you to:

♠Grab your current read.
♠Let the book fall open to a random page.
♠Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
♠You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

Memoirs of the Courts of Europe- Empress Josephine by Madame De Remusat, pg.19

‘I saw his mother when she was presented at the Imperial Court, where she at first excited the jealousy of Mme, Bonaparte; but after the divorce she became the intimate friend of the repudiated Empress at Malmaison, whither she often brought her son. It is said that she was faithful to the Emperor in his misfortunes, and that she visited him more than once at the Isle of Elba.’


I just love the details in this precious book. Mme Remusat, I must say was quite opinionated besides being well-spoken;)

-

10 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

I like this idea, but I'm reading non-fiction. Oh, I see you are too. I'll get back to you.

BurtonReview said...

;)
Got ya hooked?
Thanks for stopping by the blog and commenting, I appreciate it.

Joy Jones said...

Hi Ms Lucy!!! This sounds like a great idea! Except I seem to have several books going at any one time. Does anyone else do that??? Depending on which room I am in, I grab whatever book is close. And don't even get me started on the magazines...~ xoxo Joy

zetor said...

Interesting teaser. I know nothing of Napoleon, should remedy that.

Darlene said...

Great teaser. I always love reading your stuff. I need more time to spend with the historical side of things.

avisannschild said...

Sounds like a bit of a dense read to me!

Lucy said...

Hi Avis:) Dense? ...as in 'heavy' or ...?

avisannschild said...

Yes, I meant "dense" in the sense of heavy, a bit tough-going maybe. Academic writing is dense usually. Not "dense" in the sense of stupid!

Your comment prompted me to google "dense read" and I found this post, which puts it much better than I could!

Lucy said...

Avis! You're brilliant! I'm so glad I asked the question. Yes, this book is indeed 'dense'- and I absolutely love it. In fact, I'm taking my time with this one and savouring every line. You are right-on with this term! The link explains it perfectly. Who would have known? (not me, for one...) Thanks for the insight:) I must post about this soon..hmm...

avisannschild said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply back. You're very welcome! I'm sorry we won't be meeting next weekend, but maybe in July?