Friday, July 3, 2009

Just Couldn't Resist...Everything Austen Challenge




The Everything Austen Challenge is being hosted by Stephanie from Stephanie's Written Word. It will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010)!

Another Challenge? How can I possibly keep up with all this reading?!

Like Jenny of Jenny Loves To Read, I’ve seen this challenge on many of my favourite blogs…I just couldn’t resist!

The details! The Everything Austen Challenge will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010)! All you need to do is pick out what six Austen-themed things you want to finish to complete the challenge.’


On to my picks:


Northanger Abbey

Lady Susan

Sense and Sensibility

The Watsons

Persuasion


Sandition

(I just might throw this extra one just for the fun: The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen:)

Will you join?
-

11 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

I'm always fascinated by the tidbits of culture and history you bring here.

May said...

Oh! This sounds good! Best of luck with the challenge.

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for joining my challenge! Please make sure to sign up with Mr. Linky in this post http://thewrittenword.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/introducing-the-everything-austen-challenge-with-prizes/ right above the picture of Gwenyth Paltrow to be officially signed up!!

Viola said...

I love 'everything Austen'. I'll definitely join!

The Dreamstress said...

I'm definitely in! Does making 6 Austen era garments whilst watching Austen movies count? Because I already have that on my to-do list for the next 6 months!

Darlene said...

Yaaaay, I'm so glad you're joining in for this one!

Unseen India Tours said...

All the best for the challenge !! Great..Do check my another blog also i.e.Unseen Rajasthan

Maria Grazia said...

I will definitely join this contest! I can't miss the occasion of reading, re-reading, watching or re-watching my favourite writer's wonderful creations.

BurtonReview said...

Welcome aboard!

Sheila DeChantal said...

I am in as well.... have never read Austen and am starting to feel that I can not call myself a true "Bookie" without this piece on my resume.... LOL

Jenny Girl said...

You are too kind to me! I just re-read Northanger Abbey last year. You have to see the Masterpiece Theater version after you read the book. Awesome! Everything they do is pretty good actually.

Yea! I'm so glad you're joining up!